Fund Associate (Technical Research)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
As a Research Engineer, you’ll be focused on performing in-depth technical overviews regarding investments and new products. The role will focus on 3 pillars:
- Technical Analysis & Investment Research: Conduct rigorous technical analysis and assessments of potential investment opportunities within the web3 ecosystem, providing essential data and insight to inform investment decisions.
- Product Research & Development: Collaborate with the product development and engineering teams within our portfolio companies to assist in the design and implementation of Alchemy products within their business.
- Industry Trends & Insights: Produce highly technical, quantitative content about our investments, upcoming trends and new products, and more generalized macro market analysis for the industry.
- Technical and Whitepaper Analysis: Conduct in-depth technical assessments of potential investment opportunities and current portfolio companies to assist in investment due diligence.
- Research Content: Produce in-depth quantitative market research and content that will live and be redistributed through our various content channels.
- Portfolio Engineering: Assist our portfolio companies in integrating Alchemy products throughout their tech stack, from first principle systems designs perspectives.
- Open Source Contribution: Contribute to leading open source GitHub repositories, focusing on creating public goods for the greater web3 community.
- Product Overviews: Provide the rest of the team with technical overviews of emerging products and protocols, down to the cryptography or mathematics behind the product.
- New Product Development: Help prototype and implement new products for Alchemy based off the synthesis of technical due diligence and research implementation.
What We're Looking For:
- 2-4 years as a researcher or engineer within the web3 space.
- Experience in writing and deploying highly complicated Solidity contracts.
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts and distill them down to easily understandable content for the rest of the team and our greater audience.
- Experience in protocol or systems designs for high velocity web3 startups or protocols.
- Has been following the space closely to understand the relevant narratives and trends that are going to create 80% of the impact within the ecosystem
- Has lived the founder's life or has a strong understanding of what that’s like
- Has to be extremely confident paired with a strong technical background that can actively contribute to industry-advancing conversations.
- Has worked at a startup before or has a passion for helping startups succeed and thrive
- Major or minor in computer science or mathematics
- Experience working in a theoretical computer science lab or role.