Risk Quant Manager (Derivatives)
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
- Working in a fast growing risk management team under derivatives business unit.
- Focus on the market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, client portfolio/exposure, manipulative or disruptive trading practices and other risk areas.
- Design, implement and improve risk framework and policy in line with organization risk strategy and market changes to prevent, eliminate and mitigate risks.
- Conduct timely risk analysis on derivatives products through quantitative models and other statistical methods, including simulation mode, scenario analysis and stress tests to identify and monitor risks.
- Identify existing and potential risk events that may cause serious loss to the exchange or clients and propose solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Build and improve risk indicators for automated monitoring purposes including real time alerts, daily and weekly reports.
- Collaborate with business, product and technical teams to improve products and features including index, liquidation, liquidity and trading rules from time to time.
- Responsible for overseeing all risk indicators and alerts and ensure appropriate actions are taken to resolve incidents or risk events.
- Have a deep understanding of derivatives products i.e. futures and options and cryptocurrency industry.
- Major in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Finance, Physics and Data Sciences or other related STEM. Holder of FRM, CFA or other related certificates are preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in risk management, quantitative trading or research work within crypto derivatives industry.
- Able to demonstrate good coding skills, familiar with big data processing and analysis such as Hive(SQL), Python and be able to build the quantitative model from large and complex datasets and good at data visualization.
- Able to demonstrate strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, and have ability to work flexibly and remotely in a challenging and constantly changing environment.
- Able to deliver high quality work on tight deadlines and be comfortable working in constantly evolving crypto industry.
- Be proactive, curious, self-driven and a fast learner. Have a strong duty of responsibility, good communication, writing and presentation skills. And a good team player.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus, for communication with various stakeholders in the company.
- Due to the nature of the work, you would be required to work on certain weekends.
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Balance life and work with flexible working hours and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.