Senior Market & Counterparty Risk Manager
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a crypto trading venue reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. You will be part of the evolution of financial services, by establishing the risk management function for a new legal entity, whose principal business relates to crypto futures contracts.
- Design, implement and operate a risk management framework to ensure that the trading venue’s Market & Counterparty risks are properly assessed, measured and managed in compliance with Binance risk policies and risk appetite.
- Perform regular backtesting on the margin requirements (Initial and Maintenance Margin requirements) using scenarios analysis (VaR, Expected shortfall, stress tests).
- Regularly review the calibration of the Default Fund pools.
- Monitor daily counterparty and market risks for the trading venue.
- Produce counterparty and market risk reports.
- Partner with other teams (Product, Data, Finance, etc) in developing new and improving existing analytics and quantitative models for measuring market and counterparty risks related to cryptos’ futures.
- Contribute to the management of various risk management issues (non financial risks assessment and monitoring, risk appetite framework, risk related regulatory watch, etc.).
- At least 5 years of experience in risk management with a focus on counterparty and market either within a bank, investment firm or clearing house.
- Have a deep understanding of derivatives and complex trades.
- Able to demonstrate strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong programming background and expertise in using SQL, Matlab, Python and R.
- Able to deliver high quality work on tight deadlines and be comfortable working in the constantly evolving crypto industry.
- Be proactive, curious, self-driven and a fast learner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Balance life and work with flexible working hours and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.