Digital Currency Group
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
DCG is a global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in blockchain companies all over the world. Founded in 2015, DCG’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the industry, backing 200+ companies in 35 countries.
What is the Role:
The Assistant Corporate Controller will be responsible for the DCG corporate function’s accounting, internal controls, and reporting. We are looking for a process and systems-oriented seasoned accountant to ensure accurate and timely reporting for all financial matters, and someone who wants to be a part of a dynamic work environment supporting our day-to-day needs and global business.
We are looking for a self-starting, process improving, ultra-organized tech savvy Accountant, who is detail oriented and carries projects over the finish line. This person will be a hands-on contributor who excels at sharing ideas and finding solutions. Must love the unique combination of a casual environment that moves at lightning speed. This candidate will be supporting the Global Controller and CFO in all aspects of corporate reporting for a complex consolidated group of companies under Digital Currency Group and will be working alongside the other Assistant Controller and Accounting Analyst within the Accounting Team, in addition to working with the rest of the Finance team. This role will give the right candidate an intimate look at the inner workings of a company at the helm of its industry.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Accounting policy: Ensure adherence to GAAP and IFRS for respective reporting entities, as well as research and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Monthly Closing: Responsible for the monthly closing (journal entries and reconciliations) of the holding company’s accounts, recording / overseeing all non-investment asset, liability, and equity balances.
- Global Consolidations and Intercompany activity: work with subsidiaries to ensure on a timely basis that all intercompany activity and positions are documented and accurately tracked and eliminated for financial reporting purposes.
- External Financial reporting: Prepare support for and work with Auditors to support their process, as well as assist with the preparation of the consolidated financial statements which include comparative and segment financial reporting for the consolidated group.
- Internal financial reporting: Prepare periodic management financial reports to ensure timely and accurate financial information is available to decision makers.
- Financial reporting: Understanding of discontinued operations and deconsolidation and other significant accounting topics, such as Fair Value, Leases, Revenue Recognition, Valuation, Goodwill impairment, etc.
- Accounting system: Ensure that the General Ledger and accounting systems – including the chart of accounts and all dimensions - are designed and maintained to capture and report the financial data for all entities to ensure all aspects of reporting are timely and accurate for both GAAP and IFRS. Experience implementing new GL or subledger systems is a plus.
- Assist with accounting due diligence process for M&A Activity and integration of acquired entities into the consolidated group and other investor or regulatory accounting requests.
What You’ll Bring:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver on-time
- Strong financial data system technical skills (knowledge of Intacct or Netsuite a plus)
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast - an ability to understand flow of financial information through systems and the ability to apply technology to improve process
- You can think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions to solve complex problems
- You enjoy a challenge and will look at potential solutions through multiple lenses
Flexibility and Adaptability:
- You can easily adjust to new situations, pivot when priorities change and make accommodations as needed to be effective in your role and deliver on goals.
- Minimum 10-15+ years accounting/accounting policy experience required (minimum 3 years public accounting experience and preferably private company experience in the digital assets or financial services sector at a complex, international, and consolidated organization, including Bermuda)
- CPA required
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Multitask and manage/prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Team player, ability to work well not only within own team but across multiple groups within the organization
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast - an ability to understand flow of financial information through systems and the ability to apply technology to improve and automate processes
What We Offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating start-up environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.