Regulatory Compliance Specialist (EMEA)
Galaxy Digital LP
Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Bahamas, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxy.com.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
As the world of finance continues to evolve, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our growing team. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, EMEA, and play a crucial role in ensuring our firm's compliance with global regulatory standards and industry best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain our Compliance Monitoring Program including to reflect developing regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
- Continuously monitor and analyse EMEA regulatory developments in the crypto & digital asset space to ensure the firm remains compliant and informed of changes.
- Collaborate across departments to develop and maintain comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure a coordinated approach to compliance.
- Maintain ongoing risk assessments and 2nd LoD audits of the firm's activities to identify potential compliance gaps and mitigate risks.
- Provide ongoing training and guidance to employees on compliance matters to ensure a strong understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Be a standard-bearer for a positive compliance culture and work with the business to achieve best-in-class compliance outcomes.
- Manage relationships with, and prepare and submit regular and ad hoc compliance reports to senior management, regulators, and other appropriate stakeholders as required.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrable ability to operate in highly performant environments. Whilst a degree is not a pre-requisite experience of applying academic rigour to your work is essential. Demonstrating an ongoing desire to learn in parallel with your career (via continued education or through relevant professional certification) is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in front office compliance or compliance advisory with some experience in digital assets. Previous SMF experience desirable.
- A deep understanding of UK and EU cryptoasset regulations. Knowledge of other relevant international regulatory frameworks (UAE, HK, Singapore, US, FATF) preferable.
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring compliance policies and procedures in a complex, fast-paced environment including through periods of regulatory change.
- Experience in drafting regulatory and compliance policy is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex regulatory concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- A commitment to ethical behaviour, integrity, and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees and their eligible dependents
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.