Regulatory Compliance Officer and Attorney
Galaxy Digital LP
Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Bahamas, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxy.com.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
The Regulatory Compliance Officer and Attorney will manage any and all state and federal regulatory requirements, such as state regulatory reporting, license renewals, consumer protection and consumer complaints as it relates to Digital Assets. We would like an experienced professional who has strong organizational skills and is well versed in state-level Money Transmitter License (”MTL”) regulatory requirements, reporting requirements, and examinations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with various internal divisions to coordinate the preparation of state money transmitter reports and annual MTL renewals;
- Bring subject matter expertise to any state license application, including the application related to the New York State BitLicense;
- Maintain and track surety bonds, state assessment fees and any related compliance fees;
- Serve as the point of contact for any state or federal regulatory exam or internal audit exam related to state licenses;
- Help maintain and administer state MTLs, including examinations, monthly and quarterly reporting, MSB Call Reports, and annual renewals;
- Administer, enhance and execute an effective compliance program designed to ensure regulatory requirements are met including for anti-money laundering, consumer compliance, and state money transmission regulations and guidance, including compliance related to the New York State BitLicense; and
- Identify and propose compliance solutions that meet regulatory requirements, strategic business objectives, and new products and services.
What We’re Looking For:
- Juris Doctor degree and state bar admission required
- At least 8-10 years of related experience;
- In-depth Knowledge of money transmitter licensing maintenance and administration as it applies to Digital Assets;
- Familiarity and experience working with NMLS; and
- Strong background in financial services in either an institutional buy-side or sell-side firm.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (i.e. unlimited paid vacation days)
- Company paid Holidays (11)
- Company paid sick leave
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.
The base salary ranges included below will be commensurate with candidate experience, expertise and local market. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise. At Galaxy, we maintain a total compensation philosophy which consists of a competitive base salary, annual bonus, and equity incentives.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.