Manager, Treasury (Americas)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
About the Team:
The Kraken Treasury Manager is a highly visible role requiring dynamic interactions across the entire finance organization, global settlements, product, and business development teams. Through experienced management skill and a data driven approach this candidate will lead team in facilitating the firm’s liquidity, cash management, and treasury operations needs.
- Manage a team of 3-5 individual Treasury Analysts to deliver results for the Treasury Organization and wider Kraken stakeholders
- Manage creation, maintenance, and interpretation of cash flows, loans, interest earnings, target balancing, and other custom treasury forecasting
- Use TMS, internal payment gateways, and banking partners to execute high value payments for treasury rebalancing and other operating needs
- Collaborate with treasury and OTC trading analysts to execute crypto trades and fiat foreign exchange transaction for customers and internal hedging
- Manage treasury operations tools across multiple global banking partners including cash pooling, legal entity cash concentration, and various payment portals
- Partner with Kraken’s global OTC trading team to provide robust and reliable global 24/7 settlement services and an extraordinary client experience
- Maintain a collaborative approach to continuous improvement of processes ensuring data verification, quality, and accuracy
- Conduct detailed analysis and deploy liquidity management tools to optimize internal ledger and bank account balances across a global legal entity structure
- Please note that weekend work is required 1-3 times per month for this role.
Skills You Should HODL:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA Preferred
- 7 years + experience that includes growth within Accounting, Financial Services, and Treasury roles
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion about bitcoin and cryptocurrency with a security first mind set
- Experience in markets, executing and settling spot FX in fiat and or crypto
- Experience managing or supervising a team for 2+ years
- Strong analytical skills with ability to build a variety of financial models and work with different data types
- Strong comprehension of the balance sheet and effects of transactions on the firm's assets and liabilities
- Understanding of global and local payment networks SWIFT, SEPA, etc
- Technical skills and experience to manage data in excel and SQL preferred
- Strong work ethic and ability excel in a fast-paced evolving environment
Location Tagging #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know