Senior, Consumer Research Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a skilled Senior Consumer Research Manager to join our team of market researchers responsible for translating, decoding, and predicting market and consumer shifts to identify key opportunities and threats to Nike Inc.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of quantitative research methods including market tracking surveys and sophisticated sampling methods, and proven experience using market data to advise consumer, brand and product priorities.
We’re seeking a self-starter with strong consumer and market research experience, cross-functional management abilities, and strategic insight skills. Excellent communication and facilitation skills combined with the ability to be flexible and navigate dynamic environments will be key to success.
What you will work on
Your primary responsibility will be providing support on the day-to-day management, ongoing refinement, and scaling of a new strategic and global quantitative research project. This encompasses everything from study design through to ongoing delivery.
A significant portion of your role will be dedicated to data analysis and insights generation: mining data, synthesizing learnings, and delivering key insights to catalyze action across Nike. Leveraging your strong analytical and communication skills, you'll ensure that data is not just collected, but that it is transformed into actionable insights.
You'll be pivotal in producing and presenting results. This involves crafting dashboards, presentations, and recurring reports that identify opportunities to enhance consumer experiences, ultimately informing and motivating the business to act.
You will drive collaboration across multiple functional, business, and analytics teams, including vendor teams. By understanding partner needs, you'll offer insights and assist them in achieving their objectives, making informed recommendations based on comprehensive research execution and thorough analysis.
With a focus on continuous improvement, you will proactively identify opportunities for process enhancement, handle challenges efficiently, and adjust strategies and analyses in sync with evolving business needs and objectives.
What you bring to Nike
- B.A. in related field such as Business, Economics, Social Sciences
- Degree in a consumer or research-oriented field such as psychology, behavioral sciences, or market research beneficial
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative market research or consumer insights role
- Familiarity with tools, data sources, sampling, fielding, research design methods, and analytical approaches that elicit accurate consumer responses and extract useful insights around brand and product identification, purchasing, activity and usage behaviors, and preferences and intentions
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop impactful recommendations required
- Experience working with international tracking studies
- Ability to remain independent and effectively synthesize and present complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Fluency in data visualization required
- Familiarity with current sport, fitness and retail landscape (digital and physical), including key footwear and apparel competitors, emerging trends, and current events
- High attention to detail; excellent written & verbal communication
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.