Director, Tax Planning and Transfer Pricing
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
Who we are looking for
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, Nike is counting on our Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every Nike shareholder. Nike's Tax Team is an innovative and strategic expert function whose mission is to build, optimize, and protect tax value in support of Nike's finance, business, and shareholder objectives. We are looking for leaders, influencers, collaborators, and experts who can foster change as we evolve and help build our blueprint for the future!
As Nike’s Director, Tax Planning and Transfer Pricing, you will be accountable for leading and directing a team that has responsibility for end-to-end development and execution of NIKE’s tax planning and transfer pricing strategies. Working effectively in a matrixed organization, you will also have responsibility for Latin America and Canada tax matters and support NIKE’s Global Tax Controversy, Compliance, and Accounting teams as appropriate.
What you will work on
- Direct the development and implementation of tax planning strategies and ideas to respond to a changing global tax landscape
- Direct the research, analysis and modeling of the impact of tax developments in support of tax strategies
- Run large tax projects through cross-functional implementation
- Support tax planning activities in non-US geographies as needed including working with colleagues and tax advisors in local countries
- Communicate tax planning ideas, implications of changes in tax law in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders
- Collaborate and partner closely with finance teams including Controlling, Legal, Treasury and Global Business Planning
- Direct and lead teams responsible for global transfer pricing strategy, policies and operations
- Provide consultation and support to teams as needed for US international compliance and US GAAP provision
- Provide consultation and support as needed on the US international tax aspects of IRS audits and certain foreign country local tax audits
- Support the business on tax impacts of new business models, expansions and divestitures and other enterprise initiatives
- Work effectively with external advisors hired to support global tax planning and transfer pricing matters
- Develop and coach direct reports
What you bring
- CPA, Master of Taxation or other advanced degree required.
- Minimum 12-15 years working experience in corporate tax department with international operations
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups
- Dedicated to deployment of process improvement to mitigate risk and add value
- Advanced computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Highly motivated, organized self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking skills and demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts; must be flexible, adaptable, and resourceful
- Must be able to work in a high performance, fast-paced environment
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.