Director, Finance Operating Overheads GC
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
The Finance Director of Operating Overheads is a critical member of Greater China (GC) Strategic Investment leadership team, playing a strategic partner role to GC cross function teams. This role leads the operating overheads team in creation and enhancement of shareholder value through driving sufficient investment capacity and efficient and effective resource allocation to engineer growth, deliver cost efficiency, and enable strategic initiatives, and ensuring investment governance in place.
The position is based in Shanghai, China.
Drives efficient and effective operating overheads resource allocation and decision making
- Conducts rigorous pre-work of digging into project requests, pushing for higher quality data and information, and driving decision agenda
- Offers business recommendations in conversations with business partners at all levels, based on financial and non-financial information
- Drives value realization of strategic initiatives and digital transformation, e.g. value realization of new SAP deployment through developing value realization hypotheses, testing and validating the hypotheses by driving cross-functional discussion and alignment, conceiving value capturing plan, and driving change management
- Co-leads cross-functional Tech investment steering committee, presenting the actionable information in a usable way, providing recommendations, setting decision agenda and keeping decision on track, and driving effective tech roadmap development, prioritization, and delivery
Drives operating overheads efficiency and productivity
- Drives Corporate Strategic Reviews, Annual Operating Plan and Budget conversations and builds solid operating overheads investment plan with intentional and strategic focus
- Provides monthly operating overheads forecasts and identifies risk and opportunities and leads mitigations for delivery of targets
- Ruthlessly scrutinizes expenses, and works closely with procurement to drive productivity
- Prepares effective operating overheads reviews with business stakeholders
Drives organizational health, develop others, and develop self
- Reviews team’s capabilities and developmental needs against what required by achieving mid- and long-term business strategy and objectives
- Builds capabilities and ensures growth and development of the team through learning activities and on-the-job coaching and training
- Attracts, builds, motivates and retains the critical talents to ensure high performance culture
- Drives initiatives identified in the annual employee engagement survey
- At least 8 years of working experience in finance roles or decision support roles. Past responsibility for strategy function in corporate is desirable
- Experience in retail, FMCG, durable consumer goods, or other customer facing industries is desired by not must
- Strong academic credentials. MBA and international experience desirable
Critical Leadership Capabilities
Thinking and acting strategically
- Be a business thought partner with strong business acumen and strategic mindset
- Identifies and prioritize the most critical factors to facilitate decision making
- Brings new thinking that challenges assumptions and conventional wisdom
Strong communication and influencing skills
- Identifies all necessary stakeholders and connects with them to gain support or agreement
- Engages others in open dialogue and adapts own influence approach to different stakeholders in ways that address their interests or concerns
- Anticipate emerging or potential conflicts among all stakeholders and takes steps to pre-empt them
- Identifies and acts on new opportunities that enable performance targets to be exceeded
- Seeks new challenges and is energized by exceeding targets
- Challenges the status quo and don’t settle for good enough to drive the continuous improvement on productivity
- Sets continually higher goals for the team that are ambitious but achievable
Transformation mindset and leading change
- Takes ownership for advancing necessary change for future growth and improving operation efficiency
- Communicates changes with a clear rationale and logic
- Creates or takes advantage of multiple opportunities to promote needed change
- Adapts communication content, approach or style around change to appeal to different audiences
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.