Senior Expert, Technical Accounting Advisory and Policy
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Like any winning team, we rely on hardworking, dedicated individuals to thrive! Our Global Controlling team is currently looking for a Senior Expert in Technical Accounting Advisory & Policy to deliver insights that influence key business decisions as well as deliver technical accounting training that serves the broader Global Controlling team.
In order to be successful in this role, you'll bring a demonstrated level of leadership and expertise in advising global accounting partners on complex accounting and policy matters. You're a self-starter who can navigate ambiguous situations and uses great interpersonal skills to build tight-knit relationships with a diverse set of partners across the organization.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
The Senior Expert will serve as a key member of the Technical Accounting Advisory & Policy team and play an important role in ensuring policies remain relevant to evolving business needs.
- Advising on NIKE accounting policies and procedures to confirm compliance with emerging US GAAP;
- Providing technical accounting advice on complex business transactions as well as researching, resolving, and detailing technical accounting issues;
- Monitoring emerging accounting guidance and authoring comment letters for proposed changes;
- Developing and executing standard methodologies to enhance the value of the Technical Accounting and Policy function;
- Creating and delivering training materials around NIKE accounting policies to partners across the global business;
- Establishing a leadership presence through formal and informal mentoring relationships
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You'll report directly to the Senior Director, Technical Accounting and Reporting within Global Controlling. Your stakeholders will truly range the gamut, from collaborating with leaders within and external to Global Controlling to crafting strong business partnerships across functions/geographies. Additionally, you'll develop and utilize external relationships with industry peers through extensive benchmarking activity.
WHO YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field;
- 10+ years of experience; ideally in Public Accounting and/or Corporate Accounting at a large, publicly-held company
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to optimally identify, communicate, and influence technical matters, issues, risks, and opportunities to senior leadership
- Consistent record of developing high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers
- Validated leadership capabilities in leading, coaching, driving, and inspiring diverse, world-class teams
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the Nike brand!
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.