Sr. Director, Corporate FP&A
San Jose, CA, USA · San Jose, CA, USA · California, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Job Description Summary:PayPal is searching for a Senior Director of Finance to manage various operational finance teams as well as lead the corporate opex function. The position reports to the Vice President of Corporate FP&A and Operations Finance. This Senior Director will lead a team of 3-5 Finance Directors and an overall team of ~50 professionals. This role will work directly with Senior Executive members to manage their portfolios across various metrics as well as senior Finance leadership to own the story on PayPal cost structure. We are searching for a leader with a proven successful track record of leading Finance and FP&A functions at senior levels in organizations where Finance has a strong seat at the table. The candidate will be responsible for leading full P&L forecasting and analysis across PayPal’s businesses based on a deep understanding of external and internal business trends and PayPal’s economic financial model. This role offers a unique opportunity to learn about PayPal business, impact the future direction of PayPal’s fast growing businesses, and develop relationships with finance and business leaders across the company as we take PayPal Finance to the next level. The position will play a leading role in the weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting/planning, resource allocation, and annual target setting processes that the PayPal FP&A team drives. This is a high impact, high visibility position with exposure to PayPal CFO, Corporate Functions such as Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax and Fin Data/Systems, along with many regional/business finance leaders. Job Description: Responsibilities
- Provide real time insight into business performance and financial results through timely analysis of trends, KPIs working closely with business partners, analytics, accounting.
- Monitor progress towards financial goals and effectively manage risk and opportunities to reach them.
- Develop and run monthly and annual planning cycles as well as long term strategic planning in partnership with business leads and PayPal Corporate Planning.
- Build collaborative relationships across the organization, navigating with ease in a heavily matrixed organization, demonstrating comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with time pressures and ambiguity.
- Build, develop, motivate, and retain a team of highly qualified Finance professionals across the globe.
- Drive the transformation agenda and focus on continuous improvement in efficiency through automation, optimization, process improvement, and applying best-in-class planning and forecast tools and methodologies.
- Work in close partnership with Business Leads to drive day-to-day “run the business” type of decisions as well as advice on strategic choices.
- Own the story on the costs for PayPal, provide transparency into cost drivers and advice leaders on ideas to drive productivity.
- Masters Degree or MBA.
- 15+ years of relevant Finance and FP&A leadership experience at senior levels in the big tech/finance companies.
- Seasoned leader with a track record of leading and developing teams of Finance professionals who have earned and maintained Finance’s “seat at the table” in their respective organizations.
- Extensive experience engaging, interacting, communicating, and influencing effectively at the most senior levels in a matrixed environment.
- Expertise in FP&A best practices, including early adoption of the latest tools and technologies.