International Tax Director
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is seeking an International Tax Director to join its dynamic Tax Team and to work with a company that is transforming global payments with decentralized technologies and digital assets. Reporting directly to and working along-side the Sr. Director of Global Tax Operations, the International Tax Director will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting Ripple’s international tax operations. The successful candidate is a free-thinking, motivated professional that can work independently as well as collaborate with a cross functional team. A strong working background in US international taxation is a must.
The International Tax Director will have hands-on experience with all aspects of Ripple’s international tax operations including U.S. and non-U.S. direct tax, indirect tax, compliance, strategy and planning, tax accounting, tax audits and will have the opportunity to interact directly with cross functional teams and business partners as well as interactions with Ripple’s external tax advisors.
The role will advise on complex international tax issues, develop and implement solutions to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws and regulations, minimize tax risks, and optimize the organization’s global tax position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Actively partner with cross functional groups within the Company to understand the international tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated.
- Provide advice on the international tax implications of new business initiatives, new products and services, and strategic planning initiatives.
- Advise on changes in international tax laws and their impacts on the business.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement within tax and finance and implement solutions to automate and streamline processes around Ripple’s international tax operations to be scalable and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls.
- Manage international income and indirect tax compliance and reporting including all supporting calculations, forms, and information statements to ensure compliance with local tax regulations and guidelines as well as tax compliance for US tax impacts of international operations.
- Prepare and review tax workpapers and tax return schedules across multiple jurisdictions for local tax compliance including local tax provision for local financial statements, US tax compliance and US GAAP tax provision.
- Manage international income and VAT / GST tax examinations as well as assist with US international issues on US tax examinations including gathering information and assembling responses.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual forecasts of Company’s international operations for forecasting cash taxes and the Company’s global effective tax rate for income taxes under ASC 740.
- Manage external service providers in furtherance of the above.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years international tax experience. Experience in fintech, financial services tax, and crypto is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting. Masters of Taxation or LLM in taxation is strongly preferred.
- Deep working knowledge of FDII, GILTI, Subpart F, FTCs, BEAT, tax nexus/permanent establishment. Experience with the tax regimes of foreign countries; experience with the UK and Singapore is a plus.
- Confident, highly motivated, self-starter, solutions-oriented, innovative, creative thinker, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently.
- Investigates and corrects variances, identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, determines root causes, and partners on resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent technical research skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- A bonafide team player and a good sense of humor.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.