About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Team:
The Finance team at Worldcoin is critical to ensuring Worldcoin functions from a payments standpoint, and also that proper controls and forecasting can occur. It works with all departments and executives, ensuring the company’s strong financial health.
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant to become part of our team. The chosen candidate will maintain our financial records and ensure our financial transactions are accurate and timely. Close collaboration with the management team is expected, contributing to the company's comprehensive financial strategy.
In this role you will:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, such as accounts payable, and the general ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, and other accounts monthly.
- Process payroll and prepare payroll tax returns.
- Compile monthly financial statements and reports for management.
- Uphold accurate and current records of all financial transactions.
- Collaborate with external auditors and tax consultants when necessary.
- Analyze financial data to detect trends and suggest improvements.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting endeavors.
- Stay compliant with all relevant financial regulations and laws.
- Execute other related duties as needed.
- CPA, Wirtschaftsprüfer (WP), or equivalent qualification.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experience in a Big Four Accounting Firm is preferred.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in accounting, with a preference for those familiar with the tech startup scene.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with accounting software like SAP S/4 Hana, DATEV.
- Stellar communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Capacity to operate independently and set priorities.
- Detail-focused and well-organized.
- Adaptable and culturally sensitive, especially in a multicultural environment.